SENIOR MIS SPECIALIST(Reannouce)
Under the overall supervision of the IT Director, Senior MIS Specialist will have responsibility of designing and development of software; updating and maintenance work related to MIS software & testing and Data Quality Assurance, including data retrieval and production of data-reports and supply of result-data in the ministry reports. The Senior MIS Specialist will be specifically performing the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design & develop MIS systems per MOIC requirements/strategies
- Review existing MIS system
- Work closely with MOIC departments to design & maintain software, which will host and analyze the results indicators data on a systematic manner
- Design a robust reporting module which gathers and analyzes timely information across all department Output & develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Learn and read technical materials to develop and design new applications that fit a client’s needs
- Test and maintain all workflow systems, analyzing and documenting results
- Presenting frequent progress reports
- Liaise with users to track additional requirements and features
- Document interfaces between systems application
- Collaborate with IT team to produce new systems
- Provide 1st/2nd level application support for applications to the end-user
- Train users on the new operation systems and provide support
- Ensure deadline and budget requirements are met
- Increase business systems efficiency
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and technical developments
- Ensure data quality assessment elements are integrated in the software and periodical checks on duplicates and missing information are conducted;
- Provide technical assistance during the piloting of the final product and upon need providing modifications as requested by the ministry;
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- University Degree in Computer Science or IT, desirably in computer development system.
- Master Degree is preferred.
- Hands on experience with software development and documentation
- 5+ years of experience in MIS development and system administration and very good knowledge of software design/operation, testing software such as SQL Server, C# Asp.Net Ajax, ASP.Net MVC, JQuery, Java, Python etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with reporting software tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with database management systems.
- Database design, deployment and management experience is highly desirable.
- Ensures quality data collection techniques are established for the project.
- Good knowledge of SQL transactions, stored procedure, functions, triggers and able to write complex queries for extracting data.
- Able of collect, reconcile project ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, annual and final reports.
- Knowledge of troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- Ability to explain technical details
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good problem-solving attitude
- A strong business sense with ability to balance and merge processes with systems
- Building relationships with client, understanding and gathering business requirements
- Proficiency using database management system software and program testing software
- Able to communicate to all levels within an organization and the ability to convey complex technical concepts and recommendations to non-technical staff, both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise style.
- Hard working and personable character.
- Ability to work with others, work to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, fluent in Pashto/Dari.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes and include vacancy number and position tittle in the subject line
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org