Standard Facilitator Specialist (Accreditation and Certification of export
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Ministry/Entity: Ministry of Industry & Commerce
Section: Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) Project
No. of Vacancies: 1
Base/Duration: Contract based, 12 months (renewable)
Reporting To: Project Manager & Afghanistan Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock products
Salary: As per NTA salary scale
Objective: Supporting Afghanistan Chamber of Agriculture and livestock Products (ACALP) towards both accreditation and certification of local labs to facilitate export of selected products to selected regional and international markets (in collaboration with ITC & ACALP). Technical expert support to accreditation efforts.
- Supporting Afghanistan Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock Products (ACALP) towards both accreditation and certification of local labs to facilitate the export of selected products to selected regional and international markets in collaboration with ITC and (ACALP)-Afghanistan Chamber of Agriculture and livestock Products .
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with ACALP, international certificate providers, and the private sector.
- Working in close coordination with the ACALP to develop a standard policy for the selected products.
- Promote the standard policy and train the leader producers to produce all their products that align with international standards.
- Conduct targeted trainings with agreed beneficiaries as per the guidance from MOIC and ACALP
- Perceiving and remarking which requirements are amenable to facilitation.
- Prepare Update list of agriculture and livestock products Season to season
- Communicating with international quality certificate provider organizations in order to receive accreditation and necessary certificates according to international market requirements.
- Identifying regional and specific international market requirements of the selected products.
- In coordination with ACALP, make sure products are produced and packed according to international standards.
- Training the provincial staff on maintaining the accreditation and certification standards.
- Highlighting other needs pertaining to standard development.
Education, Experience & Skills
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree preferred) in economics, business administration, Agriculture , finance, mathematics, public policy, public administration or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in quality control, product development, accreditation, certification.
- Proven ability to work effectively in complex and cross-cultural teams/environment;
- Ability to identify the sector issues;
- Familiarity with public certification provider organizations & Agriculture and Livestock Sectors;
- Willingness to undertake extensive field travel (Kabul & Provinces) and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders (and conduct virtual engagements as needed);
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, including with AfT team, MoIC departments, external government bodies, the private sector, and international stakeholders
- Ability to use common computer software, including email, MS Office, and develop databases in excel
- Ability to take initiative to reach objectives
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly indicate position title (Standard Facilitator Specialist) in the subject line when applying.