senior Research Analyst
Kabul/Afghanistan, Ministry of Industry and Commerce
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Islamic Government of Afghanistan is a pivotal institution vested with the power and responsibility of planning, regulating and accelerating the pace of Afghanistan’s private sector-driven economic development which will result in growth, poverty reduction, increased employment, rural wealth, stability and peace in a post-conflict nation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The senior Research Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Designing or assisting in the development of questionnaires and moderator guides to ensure the necessary data is captured
- Interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the research findings.
- Conducting in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods
- Communicating with clients to understand and document the Ministry’s objectives.
- Formulating analysis plans and acquiring client sign-off
- Authoring reports containing actionable recommendations
- Making presentations—answering questions and instilling confidence
- Master degree in Business Administration, or Economics. Specialized training in the field is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Good written and spoken English is essential, good Pashto and Dari.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated skill on teamwork
- 5 years or more of relevant experience at the national or international level is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages/ other research software like SPSS, STATA …
Please send your up-to-date CV, required Bachelor degree certified by Ministry of Higher Education and all work certificates as per your CV, before closing date, (please make sure that the size of documents that you attach does not exceed 4MBs), if any of the mentioned documents are not sent/provided/missed, it will be considered as uncompleted documents and the candidate will not be short listed for the position he/she applied for. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position