Administration & Finance Specialist
Position Title: Administration & Finance Specialist
Job Location: Kabul
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: As per NTA scale
Vacancy Number: MoIC/AFS-05-1398
No. Of Jobs: 1
Years of Experience: At least five years’ experience in Finance and Administration
Contract Duration: 31 Dec 2019 with possibility of Extension
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or Economics MA/MBA preferred
Ministry of Commerce and Industries envisages a socially responsible market economy, where sustainable and equitable growth is private sector led, resulting into increased employment, higher living standards and reduction of poverty to the benefit of the citizens. Within the government, the ministry has the specific responsibility to bring forward legislation, programs and other measures to support, facilitate and regulate the private sector through the development of appropriate policies and regulations, in consultation with all stakeholders.
- The Admin and Finance manager will be responsible for implementation of the project finance and administrative procedures and processes.
- Manage Project financial & administration affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with longer term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems & reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Monitor and manage expenditures within allotted budget, prepare tracking sheet for cash expenditure for the day to day expenses related to Ordinary Budget Accounting Department, Finance and Accounts Directorate, MOCI.
- Maintain and update cash book and record receipt and payment of cash in the cash book related to Ordinary Budget Accounting Department, Finance and Accounts Directorate.
- Preparing accumulated monthly expense report Ordinary Budget Accounting Department and submits to Finance and Accounts Director within 3 working days of the next month.
- Check all documents for accuracy and authenticity which are related for cash payments, prepare cash payment, verify that all invoices or bills are officially authorized and certified.
- Develop and maintain standard financial and administrative procedures.
- Responsible for the human resource affairs of the project including new hires, announcements, tests, interviews, contract management etc.
- Undertaking training need assessments for the project employees in the respective areas of expertise.
- Work closely with General Manager in preparation of business plan and operational budget.
- Develop tools for follow ups, evaluation of activities and developing an effective mechanism to ensure its use into project implementation.
- Ensure proper and well organized filling of all project documents and Information.
- Review all invoices and make the relevant payments in a timely manner.
- Review accounting discrepancies and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist in implementing standard accounting policies.
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of all financial records.
- Supervise preparation of all monthly and annual finance reports in a timely fashion.
- Supervise and manage payroll processing and tax ¡ling activities.
- Develop overall goals for the finance and administration departments.
- Identify and resolve financial and administrative issues.
- Ensuring adhering to policies and procedure/systems of the organization;
- Supervise Administrative and Finance Staff.
- Other office management functions.
Adherence to GoA laws and regulations regarding private sector.
Knowledge of women economic empowerment National Priority program.
familiarity with the Afghanistan industry regulatory framework.
Qualifications and Experiences required:
The candidate should have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or Economics, masters preferred.
At least 5 years of relevant experience in relevant discipline.
Good team worker, capable of working effectively in a very challenging environment
Strong oral and written English skills.
Flexibility and creativity in working in a dynamic environment.
Ability to create and nurture effective working relationships with the stakeholders.
Experience working with high level public and private sector counterparts, highly desirable.
Active user of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other common soft tools.
Interested Applicants can send/email their CVs along with Cover letters by mentioning the position title in the subject line of your email.