Kabul/Afghanistan, Ministry of Industry and Commerce
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Islamic Government of Afghanistan is a pivotal institution vested with the power and responsibility of planning, regulating and accelerating the pace of Afghanistan’s private sector-driven economic development which will result in growth, poverty reduction, increased employment, rural wealth, stability and peace in a post-conflict nation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely and directly with the international advisor and Minister of Commerce & Industries on a daily basis to advance and promote the priority areas of reform.
- Conduct research and attend meetings with stakeholders to discuss the issues of economy and policy.
- Work closely with international advisor to craft policies, procedures and modify them based on the feedback from the minister, stakeholders and research.
- Work closely with PIU administration and under the guidance and instructions of PIU and in consultation with other relevant donors and contractors active at MoCI.
- Conduct research on various necessary topics and prepare presentations and reports to be delivered to ministry’s top management.
- Assist the international advisors to prepare the necessary documents, including Decrees, Regulations, Rules, Procedures and draft correspondence related to these agreed reforms.
- Assist the international advisors to identify GoA staff member(s) to benefit from the daily mentoring in the agreed reform areas.
- Provide ongoing capacity building for all work streams within the ministry of commerce. Coordinate the training programs for the ministry staff.
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics. Master’s or Doctorate degree in the related field is preferable.
- Demonstrated written and spoken knowledge of English and Dari (Pashto is desirable).
- Ability to translate documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Skill to interpret in a professional manner, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- General knowledge of banking or finance.
- Familiarity with IT concepts and terminology, including databases, data backups, knowledge of mobile network operator business strategy, IT architecture, and terminology.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Extended computer skills, including the ability to type in both English and Dari using Word.
Please send your up-to-date CV, required Bachelor degree certified by Ministry of Higher Education and all work certificates as per your CV, before closing date, (please make sure that the size of documents that you attach does not exceed 4MBs), if any of the mentioned documents are not sent/provided/missed, it will be considered as uncompleted documents and the candidate will not be short listed for the position he/she applied for. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position