Business-Entrepreneurship Development Specialists
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Ministry/Entity: Ministry of Industry & Commerce
Section: Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) Project
No. of Vacancies: 02 (One International)
Base/Duration: Contract based (3 months)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Salary: As per NTA salary scale
Objective: Supporting the development of a Concept Note/pre-feasibility study on setting up small urban industrial parks for women entrepreneurs, in collaboration with the World Bank (WB). Consultants (one international and one local or regional) to help develop concept note\pre-feasibility study.
- Supporting the development of Concept Note and pre-feasibility study on setting up small urban industrial parks for women entrepreneurs, in collaboration with the World Bank.
- Identify needs for start-up packages and non-financial business development services for entrepreneurs and lead the design and implementation of these components.
- Identify gaps and lead the design and delivery of business development services for entrepreneurs.
- Lead the design and planning of entrepreneurship and SME development and support components of the project.
- Lead the design of the overall training programs for both aspiring and existing entrepreneurs
- Developing objectives and designing research projects and proposals.
- Formulating and conducting, performing data collection, and analyzing and evaluating test and research results.
- Replicating, evaluating, and refining research strategies and approaches and recommending improvements, and testing, customizing, and implementing new methods and procedures.
- Responding to research questions, troubleshooting problems, developing and writing advanced experimental protocols, and monitoring ongoing projects and proposing and implementing changes.
- Proposing techniques to improve research quality and team productivity.
- Assess financial projections and business plans of the organization.
- Develops and executes a strategy for discovering and securing new business opportunities either locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Conduct market research and identify business opportunities.
- Research, analyze, and determine potential market size and target markets. Gather data on competitors’ marketing strategies and pricing.
- Prepare and submit reports of findings to management and help develop strategies for business expansion.
- Design, plan and upgrade entrepreneurship and enterprise development materials, training activities and plans, training programs, materials and tools, pre- and post-tests as required
- Draft reports on completion of project activities and inputs into narrative project reports.
- Draft, monitor and manage activity budgets for entrepreneurship and training components of the project with support/oversight from Program Director or project manager.
- Draft concept note within 4 weeks of commencing assignment
- Revised concept note following detailed feedback from stakeholders (incl. MOIC Management, World Bank, EIF Executive Secretariat & Trust Fund Manager)
- Draft feasibility study
- Final draft feasibility study for review\feedback from key stakeholders and subsequent validation by NES\NSC
Education, Experience & Skills:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s Degree Highly Preferred/Mandatory for the International candidate) in business administration, business management, accounting, finance and other related fields of study
- A minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in business development, marketing, entrepreneurship, and other related fields
- Proven ability to work effectively in complex and cross-cultural teams/environment;
- Professional Knowledge on drafting concept notes/pre-feasibility studies;
- Ability to take a business problem and identify a primary market research solution;
- Familiarity with public sector procedures;
- Willingness to undertake extensive field travel and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stake holders (and engage virtually if necessary due to Covid-restrictions);
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, including with AFT team, MOIC departments, external government bodies, the private sector, and international stakeholders
- Ability to use common computer software, including email, MS Office, and develop databases in excel
- Ability to take initiative to reach objectives
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly indicate position title (Business-Entrepreneurship Development Specialist) in the subject line when applying.