Adviser, Human Resources Management
REPORTS TO: Deputy Minister for Admin & Finance of the Ministry of Industry and
LOCATION: Kabul, Afghanistan
To provide advisory role and support the Deputy Minister for Admin & Finance of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce in Human Resources Management related matters and the implementation of the Human Resources Strategy.
1. Review and develop an improvement strategy for Human Resources Directorate processes and procedures of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce
2. Advise in designing a Personnel Administration/Human Resources Management Database for the HR directorate of the Ministry
3. Assess, develop a strategy and oversee the execution of HR directorate of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce Employee Classification and Compensation Schema.
4. Assess and develop a strategy and oversee the execution of a revised HR directorate of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce – wide Performance Appraisal/Evaluation System
5. Propose and advise scenarios for the Ministryrestructuring and change management processes
6. Represents Human Resources Development at a variety of meetings and advises Line Supervisorsand HR directorate in alternative courses of action in Human Resources issues
7. Provides proactive and responsive advice and expertise to Deputy Minister for Admin&Finance to support them in meeting their staff/employment and general management responsibilities that involves gathering, extracting, and analyzing relevant information, developing options, recommending actions and challenging existing practices
8. advise and develop Human Resources Managementteam members to achieve the set objectives andensure a high quality responsive service to meet customer requirements
9. Advise and support the Deputy Minister for Admin&Finance on the Ministry of Industry & Commerce Contracted Staff Personnel Policy Manual
10. Develop, implement, administer and monitor effective and equitable policies and systems of remuneration, reward and recognition that are consistent with the overall objective of HRdirectorate Strategy that encourages employees to join, contribute to, and remain within the Ministry
11. Conducts needs assessments, in close consultation with Deputy Minister for Admin&Finance and the HR directorate
12. Advise the Deputy Minister for Admin&Finance on the training plans developed and prepared based on the needs assessments.
13. Advise and provide with solid recommendations to Deputy Minister for Admin&Finance of the Ministry of Industry & Commerce on Tashkeel /structure and function review of the Ministry
14. Develop and advise on the organization structure of all the Ministry and each Directorate separately
15. Advise and develop HR systems and modules (HRMIS) of the Ministry of Industry & Commercefrom HR prospective
16. Advise and develop work processes maps of HR processes
17. Develop new and standard personnel filing systemboth hard and soft in HR directorate of the Ministry of Industry & Commerce
18. Provide various type of trainings to HR Directorate staff on different HR matters
19. Review HR annual training plan and provide them with solid recommendations
20. Participate in all HR related matters and provide with inputs
21. Any other tasks assigned by the line manager
MINIMUM SPECIALIZED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Qualification:
▪ Minimum of five (7) years of specific experience in the field of Human Resources Management with Bachelor degree or (5) years of specific experience in Human Resources Management with Master’sdegree is required. Previous experience in advisory position with Ministries is preferred
▪ Experience in advising and implementation of Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) is valued
▪ Communication skills (Dari, Pashto and English skills both verbally and written)
▪ HRMIS skills
▪ Good organization skills
▪ Organization skills
▪ Administration skills
▪ Good computer skills including (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
▪ Ability to train effectively and evaluate staff;
▪ Ability to analyze complex issues and develop alternative solutions;
▪ Ability to manage a varied workload and meet tight deadlines
▪ Ability to prepare written reports and make recommendations; make oral presentations to a variety of audiences in Human Resources related topics;
▪ Able to work under pressure with loosing the overview over many activities that go on at the same time.
▪ Ability to work on own initiative
▪ Able to persuade and negotiate with people to ensure that standards are met.
▪ Ability to think strategically and to ensure that HR issues are addressed in the strategy and operational plans.