Consultant for Donor Coordination (EIF)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Ministry/Entity: Ministry of Industry & Commerce
Section: EIF Project
Bast: Contract based (9 months)
Reporting To: Relevant Department
Reporting From: Project Implementation Unit
Key Responsibility: Donor Coordination Support
- Donor Coordination: Mapping in-country donors' priorities and national priorities in trade development. Setup coordination mechanism\strategy. Maintain donor relationship management database, including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries. Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading, and conversion rates. Assist with individual donor stewardship including acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications via phone and email. Assist CoS with preparation of the annual report and other reports to donors as needed. Conduct research on donor prospects and other acquisition strategies to expand donor base nationally. Create and maintain database of donors.
- Project Coordination: Coordinate the activities with EIF PM. Hold weekly meetings with CoS and other MoIC directorates to map areas which need donor assistance. Liaise with Ministry of Finance Donor Coordination Department when necessary.
- Reporting: Prepare monthly report of activities. Draft short quarterly, semi-annual and annua EIF Tier 1 component progress report. Ensure the activities are reported to NES/NSC and EIF regularly;
- Capacity Building: Phase out coordination mechanism/strategy by training CoS personnel. Train CoS staff to update and maintain donors’ database, prepare monthly reports to CoS, train them to process incoming gifts and ensure that gifts are accurately recorded and thanked.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum bachelor degree in economics, business administration, finance, mathematics, public policy, public administration or related field.
- 3 years of experience in donor coordination, relationship management, public relations, fund raising and similar fields
- Proven ability to work effectively in complex and cross-cultural teams/ environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dari.
- Willingness to undertake extensive field travel and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stake holders;
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, including with AfT team, MoIC departments, external government bodies, the private sector, and international stakeholders
- Ability to use common computer software, including email, MS Office, and develop databases in excel
- Ability to take initiative to reach objectives