M & E Officer (EIF) (Renounced)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: M & E Officer (EIF) (Renounced)
Ministry/Entity: Ministry of Industry & Commerce
Section: EIF Project
Bast: Contract based
Reporting To: Project Manager and the Project Focal Point
Reporting From: Project Implementation Unit
Objective: Responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project.
Key Responsibility: Monitoring and Evaluation Support
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Get him/herself knowledgeable on the DTIS, EIF program, EIF Tier 1 project in Afghanistan. Monitor regularly project activities of the EIF Tier 2 project activities by meeting relevant officials, officers and beneficiaries (using project result frameworks and reporting templates). Identify and report implementation issues/ problems and propose corrective actions on a regular basis and/or on as-required basis in close coordination with the Project Manager. Help the NIU revise the project objective hierarchy and log frame matrix (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes, impacts, and strategies of the project) as needed based on lessons learned and contextual\strategic changes.
- Project Coordination: In consultation with the M & E Unit and other management staff (including Focal Point and Project Manager) liaise with primary stakeholders and other staff to ensure a two-way flow of information on implementation and delivery of targets\results. Support the NIU in organizing the regular EIF Tier project steering committee meetings. Participate in the regular supervision missions of the EIF Trust Fund Manager and the EIF Executive Secretariat
- Reporting: Draft short quarterly EIF Tier 1 component progress report using EIF template. Draft semi-annual and annual EIF Tier 1 progress report. Lead the coordination of the evaluation processes (final project evaluation) from TOR drafting to overseeing the work of the firm\consultant to issuance of the report.
- Capacity Building: Build capacity of the EIF Tier 1 implementing agencies staff in charge of EIF Tier 1 project management in the field of M & E as well as other key stakeholders
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum, Bachelor in economics, business administration, finance, mathematics, public policy, public administration, engineering or related field will be given preference.
- 2 years of experience in using M & E methods and approaches, logical framework approach. Experience of providing training in M & E development and implementation, facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M & E data with multiple stakeholders; Familiarity with donor agencies procedures especially Monitoring and Evaluation practices
- Proven ability to work effectively in complex and cross-cultural teams/ environment;
- Willingness to undertake extensive field travel and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stake holders;
- Experience in data processing and with computers;
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, including with AfT team, MoIC departments, external government bodies, the private sector, and international stakeholders
- Ability to use common computer software, including email, MS Office, and develop databases in excel
- Ability to take initiative to reach objectives
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dari.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV
Submission email email@example.com