Trade Policy Advisor
Position Title: Trade Policy Advisor
Ministry/Entity: Ministry of Industry & Trade
Section: EIF Project
Bast: Contract Based
Reporting To: Relevant Department
Reporting From: -
Objective: Provides MoIC with doable action plans, policies and advice to ensure Afghanistan adapts to WTO system and benefits from the accession, export growth policies and integration in regional trade.
Key Responsibility: Trade Policy
- Policy: Conduct diagnostic studies, sector studies developed/updated with direct/indirect EIF support. Develop Trade Policies in coordination with MoIC and EIF for adding to national development plans/strategies. Provide policy advice to MoIC specially Directorate for Trade and Transit Agreements for addressing the issues in the agreements.
- Develop export oriented policies and recommendations including data analysis, research papers as well as marketing policy for Afghan exports.
- Develop action plan and outreach materials and assists in implementation of Trade Remedies (Anti – dumping, Countervailing and safeguard measures) in accordance to WTO rules and principles.
- Mechanisms: Develop public-private coordination mechanism supporting high-level dialogue on trade development. Develop government-donor coordination mechanism on trade related matters. Develop donor-donor coordination mechanism on trade related matters. Develop annual rolling implementation overview integrating all trade-related government and donor-supported activities
- Training: Develop monthly training program for employees to increase MoIC employees capacity in developing trade policies, trade data analysis and developing trade remedies measures.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum bachelor degree in economics or business administration, preference will be given to Master’s degree holders
- Three years relevant experience in trade policy or relevant field
- Ability to develop and write concise trade policies and strategies
- Strong research capabilities
- Ability to interpret goals into objectives and benchmarks
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, including with other MoIC departments, external government bodies, the private sector, and international stakeholders
- Ability to use common computer software, including email, MS Office, and develop databases in excel
- Ability to take initiative to reach objectives.
Submission Email: Please send your CV to below email