TERMS OF REFERENCE
Ministry/Entity: Ministry of Industry & Commerce
Section: Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) Tier 1 Project
Base/Duration: Contract based (12 months)
Reporting to: Project Manager and Head of Investment and Branding
Reporting from: Based on Organizational Chart
Position Specialized Duties
- providing beneficial comments regarding revision of the private investment law and other rules and regulations for achieving the objectives of directorate
- Providing recommendation for creation of investment dispute mechanism for resolving the legal obstacles of domestic and foreign investors
- Creating and regulating of Muqarrara and Tarzul Amal for attracting both domestic and foreign investors in light of the related investment rules.
- Creating scheme and plan, providing amendment recommendations for regulating and managing the legal affairs of investment promotion directorate
- Overseeing from the progression of the related department in relation to investment legal affairs in order to ensure that appropriate measures are taken on time
- Participating in domestic and international meeting for the consideration of legal issues and investment
- Reviewing, evaluating, researching of all legal issues in written and verbal manner for proofreading of investment legal document of investment promotion directorate
- Creating and processing of other legislative document and Tarzul Amal for providing required facilities to domestic and foreign investors
- Getting in touch with government and non-government entities, researching centers and educational institute for analysing investment legal affairs
Position executive and managerial functions
- preparing of monthly, quarterly and yearly work plan in accordance with general plan of directorate for achieving the strategic objective of the department
- Providing transparency and accountability of the relevant department's work performances in order to achieve the necessary goals
- Recognition and recommendation of budget requirement based on annual directorate work plan
- Achieving the objectives and plans of the Afghanistan National Peace Development Strategy and the National Anti-Corruption Strategy in the relevant work area.
- Providing suitable information for internal government entities, civil society, media and country`s citizen with the consideration of constitution objective in light of entity`s policy
Position coordinating objectives
- Getting in touch with directorates and sub-directorate of capital and provinces of ministry`s for accelerating affairs
Education, Experience & Skills
- Having bachelor in degree in field of Law other relevant field from national and international institutions. Preference for higher level (advanced) degree.
- At least two years of relevant experience for bachelor degree from inside and outside institutes
- For candidates with master’s level degree: relevant work experience of at least one year
- Proven ability to work effectively in complex and cross-cultural teams/ environment;
- Excellent communication skills in Pashto and Dari.
- Must be familiar (speaking and written) in English
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, including with AfT team, MoIC departments, external government bodies, the private sector, and international stakeholders
- Ability to use common computer software, including email, MS Office, and develop databases in excel
- Ability to take initiative to reach objectives
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly indicate position title (Legal Expert) in the subject line when applying.